As things open up from 12th April, it’s fast approaching so we’re all getting excited to start socialising and going away. Whilst it may feel too soon to start packing sun cream and swimsuits, it’s safe to say we’re not far from it!
April 2020 was the sunniest on record, according to the Met Office’s climate statistics. Although we can’t guarantee the weather, the stats are leaning in our favour. Which couldn’t come at a better time, with all the outdoor facilities that we will be opening.
Here’s what you can expect to be open if you’re arriving between 12th April to 16th May 2021
- Indoor heated swimming pools including toddler water play areas at two Parks and the two tallest waterslides on any holiday resort in Devon at Twitchen House Holiday Park, so there’ll be splashtastic free pool fun every day.
- The outdoor pools following on 8th May as planned including all their water slides and water features.
- Indoor gym at Woolacombe Bay, along with the outdoor gyms at most other Parks and trim trail at Golden Coast, so now your fitness regime can restart there’s no need to take a pause in it.
- The spa at Woolacombe Bay isn’t fully open when but you can still take in a soothing body or beauty treatment with our qualified therapists
- Outdoor sports facilities with a long list including:
- Wavesurfer and high ropes course at Golden Coast Holiday Park in Woolacombe.
- Segway safari at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park.
- Outdoor nature activities – the Rangers are back at Twitchen House Holiday Park and are “ready to ramble”.
- Outdoor children’s play areas, sports fields and adventure golf courses are all open for unlimited free run!
All these facilities are going to be ready to use as soon as you’ve checked into your self-contained accommodation. It’s also worth a mention that because all of our accommodation is self-contained. That means indoor facilities are not shared by other households. You don’t have to wait to take an overnight leisure stay if you stay self-catering. That’s unlike hotels, hostels and B&B’s which cannot open until 17th May at the earliest. You do however need to stick to your household bubble indoors, and the Rule of 6 or two households outdoors.
Pit stop in between all the fun to eat and drink
We can’t open our bars, pubs and restaurants to eat in, but when the weather’s fine there’ll be outdoor dining with table service on our sea view and poolside terraces. Because access into the venues is not alloweed, you need to order and pay on our app ‘Woolacombe To Me’. Our team will bring your food and drinks out directly to you. The rules around substantial meals being needed with an alcoholic drink are expected to be removed. You can also order for click-and-collect takeaway at a time slot to suit you, You can even order from your accommodation for socially distanced delivery to your front door. Fancy breakfast in bed or a break from the dishes?
Fast forward to 17th May
We can count on even more freedom and lighter Spring days. This is when we can welcome our camping and touring guests back to our campsites with full toilet and shower facilities available. The numbers of social contact also increase, to the Rule of 6 or two households indoors (subject to review) and up to 30 outdoors. All just in time for the opening of these Indoor facilities:
- Daytime and evening live entertainment like your favourite pantomimes, live acts, and most importantly bingo!
- Amusements including arcades, cinemas, soft play areas and pottery painting studios.
- Indoor sports facilities including bowling, indoor bowls and pool tables.
- Wellness facilities including saunas, steam rooms and thermal suites.
- Food & drink venues like all-day café bars, pubs and entertainment lounges.
All our amusement arcades will be open over our 4 Holiday Parks along with all of our soft play areas. Because of restrictions lifting you can also expect to see an abundance of local food and drink venues open here in Woolacombe. Along with local attractions and family days out around North Devon.
Opening from 21st June
If everything goes to plan, any remaining restrictions will be lifted. Which means, we can all mix freely with our friends and family again. Finally, we can all say goodbye to isolation and hello to staycation.
You can always find the latest official guidance at gov.uk/coronavirus as things can change after this post was published.